Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Way of the Pride! Now with forum fighting action 8D

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Xbox One Announcement

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
LoneSaiyan115
The Legendary Super Saiyan
LoneSaiyan115

Xbox One Announcement Empty
PostSubject: Xbox One Announcement   Xbox One Announcement I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 6:08 pm

So what did you guys think? I personally was not impressed at all.
Back to top Go down
MyBrothersACretin
Ryoka
MyBrothersACretin

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One Announcement   Xbox One Announcement I_icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 11:08 pm

I didn't get to watch the press conference since I was at work, but after reading up on everything, I was moderately impressed. I'm still undecided on which console I will get though, hopefully E3 brings a lot more information for both of them.

I really like the look of the console, and from what I've seen people either love it or despise it with a passion. The controller looks cool too. The ONLY thing that I wasn't big on was the always on connection, which wasn't really cleared up at all. It seems like it will depend on the developer. But theres also the cloud computations that stem from the always-on connection, and that seems really cool and should do some great things for the system.

In the end, I want to hear more about both consoles, people are pissed that the Xbox does more things than just gaming, but it looks like it should be able to handle it more than well enough without bringing down gameplay.

I want to be able to have intelligent conversations about this stuff with people like you guys and not the shit-heads on other websites. So many PS fanboys on the game informer site right now...
Back to top Go down
LoneSaiyan115
LoneSaiyan115

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One Announcement   Xbox One Announcement I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 12:59 am

This video clearly states why I did not enjoy this press conference

If you are releasing a "game" console, I want to hear about the games. All the stuff they talked about should be lower then secondary information. Show me these supossed 15 exclusive titles are that should make me want to buy the console. Cause from what some rumors are saying they think exclusive means "we get the game a month early".

Also the DRM crap they are pulling kills them. The always online stuff and games being tied to one account ruins not only used game sales, but familes with multiple consoles, and people who rent games via stores or gamefly. If you have to pay FULL price to put a disk in another Xbox they lose so much money on the rental market.

I truly think Xbox just killed themselves tonight.

Also fun fact... I typed this post on my Wii U which can do all the shit the XO announced today.
Back to top Go down
MyBrothersACretin
Ryoka
MyBrothersACretin

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One Announcement   Xbox One Announcement I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 1:37 am

They did mention in an interview after the conference that they will still let you bring a game to a friends house to play. I'm guessing you just have to sign into your account, which I do anyways when I play at a friends house or on their xbox. We still don't know the exact amount they will charge though for used discs, and maybe rental copies of games will have some encryption on them that gets them past this.

E3 is only 19 days away, and they said that they would be talking about the games and such then. Tonight was just for them to show the console and the changes they were making. I'm excited for the new Kinect, it looks like it will work a LOT better than the original, and hopefully making it part of the console will make developers be creative with it and put it to good use. Plus I love dance central.

And no offense to the Wii U, I love Nintendo with all my heart, and I definitely like the console, but it is quite a bit underpowered compared to the PS4 and Xbox One. I think it is going to be as overlooked as the Wii because of this. Nintendo will be the only people developing for it in 2 years. It makes me sad, but it's probably true.
Back to top Go down
LoneSaiyan115
LoneSaiyan115

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One Announcement   Xbox One Announcement I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 11:04 am

But should you HAVE to do that for every friends house you go to??? Should you HAVE to do that for playing a game in another Xbox inside your own household???? No you shouldn't. And yes the cost for used games has been announced. And its full retail price. You buy a used game and then have to pay an additional (if prices stay the same) 60 bucks to play it. Still no word on how rental companies will deal with this

Yes it was a console reveal but what ultimately sells a console... games. The fact that they did this so close to E3 baffles me. They show of their console with information I don't care about.. and it leaves a bitter taste in my mouth going into E3 for them. I'm not the only one who thinks this as well. I'd say a majority of gamers do. We want to see games, not sports, TV and call of duty.

With Nintendo I know the games are coming. Their Nintendo Directs every few weeks are proving this. And they aren't afraid to push a game back if it means a full and quality game experience at the end. If you truly are only looking at the next consoles for their graphics then you are looking at the wrong hardware. The PS4 and XO are already under powered by PC standards. If all you care about is third party devs, graphics and processing you should buy a PC. Nintendo has always cared about innovating the experience and they are primed to do it again... Look at how the 3DS started to how it is doing now. The Wii U will follow the same road. And if doesn't work out... Nintendo has 4.5 billion dollars of reserve cash to fall back on.

For me games make a console. When your console is marketing itself as a entertainment hub and not a game system, and when they have only 3 first party titles that washed up three years ago. Your not on my radar. Nintendo has the quality first party titles that will always make me come back, and so does Sony. Sony's press conference actually showed some games that will be on the PS4, plus MORE at E3. They have my purchase already because of this, plus their great first party content. Nintendo is giving all the new demos of the games they will have at E3 to best buys around the US. They are giving the E3 experience to everyone. They already have my purchase.

Back to top Go down
MyBrothersACretin
Ryoka
MyBrothersACretin

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One Announcement   Xbox One Announcement I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 9:50 pm

I agree that the announcement should have had more games and stuff, don't get me wrong. But I don't think the Wii U will get much more popular like the 3DS did. The 3DS only had the Vita to compete against, which has piss-poor support from developers right now. And I think the DS was the best selling handheld of all time, so it really isn't surprising that the 3DS is doing well. But the Wii U has to compete against Xbox and Playstation.

Yes, they are underpowered compared to PC's, but that's to keep the price down. They could easily match the power of a good gaming PC, but who would pay over 1000 bucks for the console? I don't think the Piston is doing to well. The thing is, the Wii U is underpowered compared to the PS4 and the XO, plus it's different to develop for, and as much as I would like them to, developers don't seem to want to take the trouble to learn to develop for the Wii U when it cannot do as much powerwise as the other consoles. Games would have to be downgraded.

Don't take this like I'm bashing Nintendo, like I said earlier, I love them, and I play my Wii all the time, I love me some smash bros. But I just don't think it looks good for them unless they release another console soon, they will slip into just being a part of the handheld market with niche console fans.

I'm still just waiting until E3 to place my judgement on Sony and Microsoft, maybe even a little after. Everyone can have a bad press conference. Ideas can sound good on paper and bad in real life. Not many people were fans of Sony's press conference either right after it happened. The internet sucks for positivity.
Back to top Go down
LoneSaiyan115
LoneSaiyan115

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One Announcement   Xbox One Announcement I_icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2013 10:06 pm

Don't worry dude I'm just giving my two cents and you yours. I think if the XO flops like I think it will then will see more companies jump to Nintendo.

They already have quite a few (Bayonetta 2, X, shin megami x fire emblem, wonderful 101, assassins creed 4, the exclusive sonic deal, resy revalations, etc). Even EA has been wishy washy. First they say they have no games in development for wii u and an employee openly bashes it. Then the Xbox conference happens and now all of a sudden they do have games in development.

And even if the third party support is not good the first party games will always sell. They will be fine. Plus on every article about the XO on ign every comment says they are getting a Wii U and a PS4 haha.
Back to top Go down
MyBrothersACretin
Ryoka
MyBrothersACretin

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One Announcement   Xbox One Announcement I_icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2013 9:58 pm

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2013/05/24/report-xbox-one-used-games-will-not-require-a-fee-will-require-authentication-checks.aspx

So this was just stated today, totally discrediting the one person who said the fee for used games would be retail price. Here's what the article basically says.

If you lend your game to a friend or sell it, the game becomes authorized on the new console, and the person who sold/lent it will be unable to play the game until they get the disc back in their box.

Basically the disc will only work on one system at a time, and the mandatory online checks are to make sure the disc is only playing on one system. I don't mind this form of DRM at all, they HAD to do something like this since the discs aren't required after installation.
Back to top Go down
LoneSaiyan115
LoneSaiyan115

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One Announcement   Xbox One Announcement I_icon_minitimeSun May 26, 2013 11:28 pm

The source in the article is ambigious and from indirect channels, and while I credit game informer as a good publication.. Even they say at the end, "we don't know either".

I guess will have to wait til E3 for more concrete details.. They shouldn't wait tho. I was telling proceed earlier, when someone gets shot in the head, you don't wait two and a half weeks to recicitate them. You do it ASAP haha

also im gonna leave this guy here

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/14924/article/wii-u-sales-up-thanks-to-xbox-one-reveal/
Back to top Go down
GaryOak
Death Sythe
GaryOak

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One Announcement   Xbox One Announcement I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 10:49 pm

Don't think I'm getting an Xbox One.

I already have a TV and I'm not a fan of sports.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/imveryhungry
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One Announcement   Xbox One Announcement I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Xbox One Announcement
Page 1 of 1