Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Way of the Pride! Now with forum fighting action 8D

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Favorite Stand up Comedians

Go down 
+6
Otakugray
proceedtoheaven
narutoguy03
MyBrothersACretin
LoneSaiyan115
thekungfukid
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
sleepwalk
Academy Student
sleepwalk

Favorite Stand up Comedians  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite Stand up Comedians    Favorite Stand up Comedians  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 3:03 pm

LoneSaiyan115 wrote:
I mean they kinda have to rehearse it... otherwise they wouldn't have an act... its like trying to shoot a movie without a script haha
which is why i roll it out, i prefer natural comedy.
Back to top Go down
GaryOak
Death Sythe
GaryOak

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Stand up Comedians    Favorite Stand up Comedians  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 10:21 pm

sleepwalk wrote:
LoneSaiyan115 wrote:
I mean they kinda have to rehearse it... otherwise they wouldn't have an act... its like trying to shoot a movie without a script haha
which is why i roll it out, i prefer natural comedy.

I have a Mitch Hedberg CD that has him doing improv comedy, it was his best CD in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/imveryhungry
sleepwalk
Academy Student
sleepwalk

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Stand up Comedians    Favorite Stand up Comedians  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 4:38 pm

that's not natural. he's up there trying to make people laugh and just the underlying knowledge of that automatically puts a bias on stand-up for me. i just don't think comedy/laughter should be a forced thing, where something in it's entirety is based upon it; it just doesn't look right to me.

movies/television shows are a different thing. even though they obviously have scripts that they read off, if it has a natural environment (not someone standing in front of an audience) and good humor/story/etc. then i'll find it funny.
Back to top Go down
thekungfukid
Death Sythe
thekungfukid

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Stand up Comedians    Favorite Stand up Comedians  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 6:18 pm

sleepwalk wrote:
that's not natural. he's up there trying to make people laugh and just the underlying knowledge of that automatically puts a bias on stand-up for me. i just don't think comedy/laughter should be a forced thing, where something in it's entirety is based upon it; it just doesn't look right to me.

movies/television shows are a different thing. even though they obviously have scripts that they read off, if it has a natural environment (not someone standing in front of an audience) and good humor/story/etc. then i'll find it funny.

Interesting point, as its definitely not for everybody, but the thing that makes a great stand up comedian is that they don't come off as forced. A good comedian comes off as a guy who's just giving his opinions about random stuff and it just happens to be funny. Actors in a movie, no matter how talented how they are, are just playing other people. The thing about stand up is that when you're just standing there with a microphone in front of strangers, the real you comes out. You can try to force it but it probably won't turn out well.

Another thing I think a good comic does is make you question this crazy bullshit we call life. The reason I became an agnostic is because of stand up comedy. The fact we have the internet and people still believe the story of Noah and the Arc is hilarious. Comics just exploit that type of stuff
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Stand up Comedians    Favorite Stand up Comedians  - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite Stand up Comedians
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2