Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Way of the Pride! Now with forum fighting action 8D

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sig of The Week?

Go down 
+3
thekungfukid
proceedtoheaven
narutoguy03
7 posters
AuthorMessage
narutoguy03
Space Cowboy
narutoguy03

Sig of The Week? Empty
PostSubject: Sig of The Week?   Sig of The Week? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 3:08 pm

How many of you guys do GFX? Cause SoTW's are pretty fun and could be really challenging. If this works out I'd like to run the SoTW. But first I wanna see how much people are interested.
Back to top Go down
proceedtoheaven
Fuck you, thats who...
proceedtoheaven

Sig of The Week? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sig of The Week?   Sig of The Week? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 8:54 pm

ehhh??? O_o does not compute...
Back to top Go down
https://wayofthepride.rpg-board.net
thekungfukid
Death Sythe
thekungfukid

Sig of The Week? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sig of The Week?   Sig of The Week? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 9:26 pm

Yeah they used to do them on a forum I was an a few years back but I've never messed around with them myself.
Back to top Go down
MyBrothersACretin
Ryoka
MyBrothersACretin

Sig of The Week? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sig of The Week?   Sig of The Week? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 9:54 pm

hmmm...i might be interested
Back to top Go down
narutoguy03
Space Cowboy
narutoguy03

Sig of The Week? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sig of The Week?   Sig of The Week? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 12:56 am

proceedtoheaven wrote:
ehhh??? O_o does not compute...

Basically it's a weekly sig making contest. The winner will be chosen through a poll, and the winner gets to choose the theme for the next week. So for the first week there's no winner, it'll be a freestyle sig, meaning you can make anything, just as long as it fits other requirements. Though there might not be any requirements, but the size shouldn't be too big, but a reasonable size. It's fun and an easy way to hone you GFX making skills or just get some help from other members.
Back to top Go down
MyBrothersACretin
Ryoka
MyBrothersACretin

Sig of The Week? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sig of The Week?   Sig of The Week? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 1:51 am

ya id actually really like to do this, its a fun way to get better at graphics like you said
Back to top Go down
proceedtoheaven
Fuck you, thats who...
proceedtoheaven

Sig of The Week? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sig of The Week?   Sig of The Week? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 12:34 pm

ahhhh XD
Back to top Go down
https://wayofthepride.rpg-board.net
MyBrothersACretin
Ryoka
MyBrothersACretin

Sig of The Week? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sig of The Week?   Sig of The Week? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 5:17 pm

so are we gonna do this? cus i have a legit idea for a sig

EDIT: BAM new sig, hooray for simple photoshop skills! if only i know how to completely beast at photoshop lol
Back to top Go down
narutoguy03
Space Cowboy
narutoguy03

Sig of The Week? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sig of The Week?   Sig of The Week? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 10:19 pm

MyBrothersACretin wrote:

EDIT: BAM new sig, hooray for simple photoshop skills! if only i know how to completely beast at photoshop lol

Lol. I'm not sure if we're gonna start soon. Cause so far, apart from me, you're the only one who's shown interest haha. And week after week if it's just us 2 it'll die out haha. But if we could get a couple more people to join, then we can do this. Go ask around!

It's decent at best. Not trying to sound like an ass though Very Happy. Like AMV's, sigs/GFX has a lot of things too, like flow, depth, blending, etc. I'm not even close to being good at PS. Only been doing this for about 4 or 5 months. Still got a long ways to go D:
Back to top Go down
MyBrothersACretin
Ryoka
MyBrothersACretin

Sig of The Week? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sig of The Week?   Sig of The Week? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 10:43 pm

jvmrtnz wrote:
MyBrothersACretin wrote:

Lol. I'm not sure if we're gonna start soon. Cause so far, apart from me, you're the only one who's shown interest haha. And week after week if it's just us 2 it'll die out haha. But if we could get a couple more people to join, then we can do this. Go ask around!

It's decent at best. Not trying to sound like an ass though Very Happy. Like AMV's, sigs/GFX has a lot of things too, like flow, depth, blending, etc. I'm not even close to being good at PS. Only been doing this for about 4 or 5 months. Still got a long ways to go D:

lol, you dont sound like an ass at all tongue , i know i suck, i miss typed, i meant to put "i wish i knew how to beast photoshop", lol i only have an extremely basic understanding of it, i havent even been doing it as long as you, when you showed up that first sig i made was the first time id even opened the program in like a year, this sig is the second time hahaha
Back to top Go down
narutoguy03
Space Cowboy
narutoguy03

Sig of The Week? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sig of The Week?   Sig of The Week? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 10:51 pm

MyBrothersACretin wrote:
jvmrtnz wrote:
MyBrothersACretin wrote:

lol, you dont sound like an ass at all tongue , i know i suck, i miss typed, i meant to put "i wish i knew how to beast photoshop", lol i only have an extremely basic understanding of it, i havent even been doing it as long as you, when you showed up that first sig i made was the first time id even opened the program in like a year, this sig is the second time hahaha

Haha, it's all practice, just like AMV's. There's a lot of good tutorials on the web, like on deviantart and other GFX specific forums. That's where I learned what I know, from tutorials.
Back to top Go down
MyBrothersACretin
Ryoka
MyBrothersACretin

Sig of The Week? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sig of The Week?   Sig of The Week? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 10:55 pm

lol ill look at em, everything ive done has been self-learned, some tuts would help a lot, i just like knowing how to put coke in people's hands hahaha
Back to top Go down
narutoguy03
Space Cowboy
narutoguy03

Sig of The Week? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sig of The Week?   Sig of The Week? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 11:22 pm

MyBrothersACretin wrote:
lol ill look at em, everything ive done has been self-learned, some tuts would help a lot, i just like knowing how to put coke in people's hands hahaha

Lol. Tutorials help A LOT. Especially ones that focus on a certain element of GFX, like the ones I mentioned before; flow, depth etc.

But for the SoTW, if we could get a couple more members by Sunday night, then this is a go!
Back to top Go down
MyBrothersACretin
Ryoka
MyBrothersACretin

Sig of The Week? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sig of The Week?   Sig of The Week? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 1:41 am

wow you were right man, tuts help alot, i really like this sig i just made
Back to top Go down
narutoguy03
Space Cowboy
narutoguy03

Sig of The Week? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sig of The Week?   Sig of The Week? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 2:48 am

MyBrothersACretin wrote:
wow you were right man, tuts help alot, i really like this sig i just made

Very nice, liking the text as well. Finding the right text and the right spot is very hard to do, because most text just disrupt the flow of the sig. But you got a nice font on it.

EDIT:

Also take a look at the sig I have on right now. It's a decent example of flow and depth. You can easily tell where the flow of the sig is coming from/going to, and that's the top-center, where Thor's hands are. I also added a lighting effect in there to show where the light source is coming from.

And then the depth would be the stuff behind my main focal point, which is Thor. You have the light source, which is coming from the hammer and the glowing dots too. There's also about 3 C4D's there too if I can remember right. Also you see no text, because I couldn't find the right spot for it, or it would cover up most of the focal point. And remember when choosing a main focal point, not to make it cover the whole sig, like my CC one on proceed's sig space.
Back to top Go down
MyBrothersACretin
Ryoka
MyBrothersACretin

Sig of The Week? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sig of The Week?   Sig of The Week? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 1:31 pm

thx man! but whats a C4D? an how did you make those black lines on your pic? they look awesome
Back to top Go down
narutoguy03
Space Cowboy
narutoguy03

Sig of The Week? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sig of The Week?   Sig of The Week? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 1:36 pm

MyBrothersACretin wrote:
thx man! but whats a C4D? an how did you make those black lines on your pic? they look awesome

It's an effect kind of image. A 3D abstract render made in Cinema 4D, that's why it's called a C4D. Here's an example:

Spoiler:

And those black lines are just made with the pen tool. You create a path with the pen too and then you add a stroke too it.

Google another tutorial, they explain it much better than I do lol.
Back to top Go down
nivekov123
Academy Student

Sig of The Week? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sig of The Week?   Sig of The Week? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 11:21 pm

I'd be up for SOTW won twice already on other forums Razz
Back to top Go down
LoneSaiyan115
The Legendary Super Saiyan
LoneSaiyan115

Sig of The Week? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sig of The Week?   Sig of The Week? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 4:35 pm

if you guys can get some more graphics guys on here then will start it up.. i mean we got 2 awesome guys and a few adept ones on here right now haha
Back to top Go down
nivekov123
Academy Student

Sig of The Week? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sig of The Week?   Sig of The Week? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 6:51 pm

Its not too hard, if you have an eye for it, then all you really need to be taught is technique. Which im sure that other dude knows about Razz
Back to top Go down
LoneSaiyan115
LoneSaiyan115

Sig of The Week? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sig of The Week?   Sig of The Week? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 12:16 pm

i did dabble with it for awhile..... then i lost photoshop haha
Back to top Go down
Dre's inferno
Nooblet
Dre's inferno

Sig of The Week? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sig of The Week?   Sig of The Week? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 4:31 pm

check this out
Sig of The Week? Ths_site_banner_deux_by_ratchet_kun-d31zrbm
Back to top Go down
LoneSaiyan115
LoneSaiyan115

Sig of The Week? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sig of The Week?   Sig of The Week? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 5:05 pm

you know what.... I think we have enough guys to tyr it again.... jvmrtnz if you want to start it go ahead
Back to top Go down
narutoguy03
Space Cowboy
narutoguy03

Sig of The Week? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sig of The Week?   Sig of The Week? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 10:47 pm

LoneSaiyan115 wrote:
you know what.... I think we have enough guys to tyr it again.... jvmrtnz if you want to start it go ahead

Sounds good. First week is gonna be short, so we'll end it on Saturday.

And Lone, if you do reply to my post, close this thread, I'm gonna start a new SotW Week 1 thread, so it's not confusing.
Back to top Go down
LoneSaiyan115
LoneSaiyan115

Sig of The Week? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sig of The Week?   Sig of The Week? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 11:31 pm

im going to sticky every week.. so that will draw more attention
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sig of The Week? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sig of The Week?   Sig of The Week? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sig of The Week?
Page 1 of 1