Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Way of the Pride! Now with forum fighting action 8D

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

NEW BETA TEST!!! this time drama

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
LoneSaiyan115
The Legendary Super Saiyan
LoneSaiyan115

NEW BETA TEST!!! this time drama Empty
PostSubject: NEW BETA TEST!!! this time drama   NEW BETA TEST!!! this time drama I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 2:50 pm

http://www.sendspace.com/file/2b0b2z

Hey guys... I'm on a roll right now for Youmacon haha. This time I made a drama video mostly guided by text.

Tell me what you think so far. I'm going to work a lot more with the text, animate it a bit and make it smaller.
Back to top Go down
compbros
Anbu Operative
compbros

PostSubject: Re: NEW BETA TEST!!! this time drama   NEW BETA TEST!!! this time drama I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 3:24 pm

Damn lone, slow down. I haven't even started on any of mine yet.

it looks good to me, I'd turn down the shakiness of the film a just little bit, that's all.
Back to top Go down
thekungfukid
Death Sythe
thekungfukid

PostSubject: Re: NEW BETA TEST!!! this time drama   NEW BETA TEST!!! this time drama I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 9:19 pm

I can't explain why, but I've never been a fan of having text in AMVs, so I wasnt feeling it myself
Back to top Go down
xNekoMusumex
Chunin
xNekoMusumex

PostSubject: Re: NEW BETA TEST!!! this time drama   NEW BETA TEST!!! this time drama I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 11:42 pm

Bahhhh...I really want to get a start on my video..but I need to watch the series first x.x

Anyways I like your theme, and the editing..but the text I agree with kungfu on. I'm not feeling it. It stands out wayy too much and is taking away from enjoying the video itself. Shrink your text a bit, if you have it bold, turn it off. Dont center everything in the middle. Give it a bit of animation and have it moving from the top or bottom of the screen...this sounds stupid but heres an example.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Spazzlings#p/u/2/kx4mLy6jE0Q

Definitely dont copy the text style but the way she kinda animates it in...she's one of the few people i like how she does her text.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/xNekoMusumex
LoneSaiyan115
LoneSaiyan115

PostSubject: Re: NEW BETA TEST!!! this time drama   NEW BETA TEST!!! this time drama I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 12:35 am

xNekoMusumex wrote:
Bahhhh...I really want to get a start on my video..but I need to watch the series first x.x

Anyways I like your theme, and the editing..but the text I agree with kungfu on. I'm not feeling it. It stands out wayy too much and is taking away from enjoying the video itself. Shrink your text a bit, if you have it bold, turn it off. Dont center everything in the middle. Give it a bit of animation and have it moving from the top or bottom of the screen...this sounds stupid but heres an example.

Definitely dont copy the text style but the way she kinda animates it in...she's one of the few people i like how she does her text.

pretty much did exactly as you said already... im rendering what i have now.. ill put the download up in a bit
Back to top Go down
xNekoMusumex
Chunin
xNekoMusumex

PostSubject: Re: NEW BETA TEST!!! this time drama   NEW BETA TEST!!! this time drama I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 12:47 am

LoneSaiyan115 wrote:
xNekoMusumex wrote:

pretty much did exactly as you said already... im rendering what i have now.. ill put the download up in a bit

awesome!
Back to top Go down
LoneSaiyan115
LoneSaiyan115

PostSubject: Re: NEW BETA TEST!!! this time drama   NEW BETA TEST!!! this time drama I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 12:51 am

and now we wait for it to upload......
Back to top Go down
thekungfukid
Death Sythe
thekungfukid

PostSubject: Re: NEW BETA TEST!!! this time drama   NEW BETA TEST!!! this time drama I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 1:02 am

xNekoMusumex wrote:

That was much more helpful than me saying " I dont like it." I agree with pretty much everything she said. It'd be alot better if it wasnt in the middle of the screen constantly
Back to top Go down
LoneSaiyan115
LoneSaiyan115

PostSubject: Re: NEW BETA TEST!!! this time drama   NEW BETA TEST!!! this time drama I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 1:20 am

http://www.sendspace.com/file/fbk8fo

here we go reduced the font size and made the text more erratic to go with the theme.. might go even smaller
Back to top Go down
xNekoMusumex
Chunin
xNekoMusumex

PostSubject: Re: NEW BETA TEST!!! this time drama   NEW BETA TEST!!! this time drama I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 2:08 am

thekungfukid wrote:
xNekoMusumex wrote:

That was much more helpful than me saying " I dont like it." I agree with pretty much everything she said. It'd be alot better if it wasnt in the middle of the screen constantly

Criticism ;D ... I want to learn how to tell someone to improve their work lol.

Lone: Ohhhh it's definitely working more with the video now! Kinda gave me some chills there..i'd say mess with the text size and see what you think. But much better.
Back to top Go down
LoneSaiyan115
LoneSaiyan115

PostSubject: Re: NEW BETA TEST!!! this time drama   NEW BETA TEST!!! this time drama I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 2:59 am

http://www.sendspace.com/file/xmwpdl

New render.. Messed with new font and some transitional fades... I need to know if you guys have time to read the text. Sometimes I feel like it goes quick.. But I can read it, although I know what it says.
Back to top Go down
MyBrothersACretin
Ryoka
MyBrothersACretin

PostSubject: Re: NEW BETA TEST!!! this time drama   NEW BETA TEST!!! this time drama I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 4:39 am

Grammar error, You put "it tells you more truth then words" when it should be than. Other than that I love it and its freakin awesome. I could read everything fine, but sometimes its difficult to figure out the order of the words. Try rearranging them a little more based on how the human brain reads, left to right and top to bottom. You followed the top to bottom but not the left to right.

For example where you have the words spread out across the screen and you read them from top to bottom, consider putting them in a staircase format from the top left corner to the bottom right, and fade the words in and out one by one so theres never more than say 3 words on the screen at any one time. For some of the phrases instead of doing them all across the screen put the full sentence in the lower third (the lower third is the bottom right or left hand sides of the screen, but leave a decent amount of space below the words too, about the height of the word from the bottom of the screen is where you should place them, sorry for my film language lol), people tend to look there for words or important items on a screen, plus it will block less of the screen.

Don't do it for every phrase, but maybe the one's that begin an idea and are a little longer. One more thing, just to make your words stronger, only change the font of the phrase on the main word in the sentence, which in your case is usually the last, such as "darkness", don't change it on every word. Just some friendly ideas (my video production teacher was very picky about text) Smile

Last edited by MyBrothersACretin on Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LoneSaiyan115
LoneSaiyan115

PostSubject: Re: NEW BETA TEST!!! this time drama   NEW BETA TEST!!! this time drama I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 3:15 pm

Lol wow that was a lot to read haha... Now may I a suggestion. Break up that huge paragraph on forums so its easier to read haha.

But I see what you mean.. I messed with it a bit, I'll wait to see what everyone else says about it as well before I render it again
Back to top Go down
MyBrothersACretin
Ryoka
MyBrothersACretin

PostSubject: Re: NEW BETA TEST!!! this time drama   NEW BETA TEST!!! this time drama I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 3:58 pm

Yeeeaaaahhhh ill break it up a little bit lol.
Back to top Go down
LoneSaiyan115
LoneSaiyan115

PostSubject: Re: NEW BETA TEST!!! this time drama   NEW BETA TEST!!! this time drama I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 10:35 pm

http://www.sendspace.com/file/qrhb6r

I think this going to be the final product... what do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
MyBrothersACretin
Ryoka
MyBrothersACretin

PostSubject: Re: NEW BETA TEST!!! this time drama   NEW BETA TEST!!! this time drama I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 4:25 am

Loved it man, I think it looks a lot better like that. but you spelled corroding wrong. thats the only thing i found wrong. That vid should kick some ass at youmacon lol
Back to top Go down
xNekoMusumex
Chunin
xNekoMusumex

PostSubject: Re: NEW BETA TEST!!! this time drama   NEW BETA TEST!!! this time drama I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 3:14 pm

Not if i finish my drama in time haha.
Back to top Go down
LoneSaiyan115
LoneSaiyan115

PostSubject: Re: NEW BETA TEST!!! this time drama   NEW BETA TEST!!! this time drama I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 4:57 pm

xNekoMusumex wrote:

oh so your entering... well you have me and both compbros to get to haha
Back to top Go down
xNekoMusumex
Chunin
xNekoMusumex

PostSubject: Re: NEW BETA TEST!!! this time drama   NEW BETA TEST!!! this time drama I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 6:22 pm

LoneSaiyan115 wrote:
xNekoMusumex wrote:

oh so your entering... well you have me and both compbros to get to haha

Lol I know...yeah idk i'm just messing with you
Back to top Go down
LoneSaiyan115
LoneSaiyan115

PostSubject: Re: NEW BETA TEST!!! this time drama   NEW BETA TEST!!! this time drama I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 6:29 pm

lol its cool.. but to be honest a lot of ppl compete even if they're not going to the con... some chick in Denmark enters videos into to Youmacon all the time (and wins...annoys me greatly haha).. and obviously its hard for her to get to Detroit haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NEW BETA TEST!!! this time drama   NEW BETA TEST!!! this time drama I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NEW BETA TEST!!! this time drama
Page 1 of 1