Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Way of the Pride! Now with forum fighting action 8D

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Decline in action editing...

Go down 
+6
proceedtoheaven
thekungfukid
compbros
Otakugray
xNekoMusumex
LoneSaiyan115
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
LoneSaiyan115
The Legendary Super Saiyan
LoneSaiyan115

Decline in action editing... Empty
PostSubject: Decline in action editing...   Decline in action editing... I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 9:51 pm

You know I have been watching a lot of newer editors recently, and I feel like action editing is changing... and not for the better.

I feel that in action you need good scene progression but in those scenes they need you know actually show action..

For the most part I have seen to much going from dramatic face, to a guy charging the screen, to another guy charging the screen, to another dramatic face.. i haven't seen like actually hitting or slashing of ppl in videos haha

A lot off ppl like yo show scenes in progression that look similar to another.. especially in DBZ cause it happens a lot... idk but its bugging me haha, what do you guys think

this is an example of what i mean

there is barley any showing of someone hitting another person in his video... ya know
Back to top Go down
xNekoMusumex
Chunin
xNekoMusumex

PostSubject: Re: Decline in action editing...   Decline in action editing... I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 10:34 pm

no but i see the slashing o_O its kinda hard sometimes cause they slash ppl so quick and i see explosion!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/xNekoMusumex
Otakugray
Space Cowboy
Otakugray

PostSubject: Re: Decline in action editing...   Decline in action editing... I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 10:54 pm

This problem is here called BLEACH.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/otakugray
LoneSaiyan115
LoneSaiyan115

PostSubject: Re: Decline in action editing...   Decline in action editing... I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 11:00 pm

I mean I can edit bleach with the slashes actualy shown and stuff but this guys is like "Overflow"ing his video if that makes sense.. but like most of the scenes are just faces and ppl charging the screen ya know
Back to top Go down
compbros
Anbu Operative
compbros

PostSubject: Re: Decline in action editing...   Decline in action editing... I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 11:15 pm

People think that all they need is fast scene cuts and flashes/blurs and it's an action vid.
Back to top Go down
thekungfukid
Death Sythe
thekungfukid

PostSubject: Re: Decline in action editing...   Decline in action editing... I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 11:26 pm

Yeah the title of that video should have been "Close Up." But I see your point. Another problem I see in alot of action videos is the need to throw completely random scenes together without any logical progression. It works sometimes but I'd much rather see 1 scene edited creatively than 8 scenes of random shit crammed into a 45 second video

or it might be Bleach
Back to top Go down
proceedtoheaven
Fuck you, thats who...
proceedtoheaven

PostSubject: Re: Decline in action editing...   Decline in action editing... I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 11:36 pm

LOL i say the same thing as you lone waayyy too much...its overflow
Back to top Go down
https://wayofthepride.rpg-board.net
LoneSaiyan115
LoneSaiyan115

PostSubject: Re: Decline in action editing...   Decline in action editing... I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 11:47 pm

heres a example of a good bleach video by are very own proceedtoheaven, in his own style he shows the actual scenes that matter, the hits, certain masks of faces and charging make sense in context to the video
Back to top Go down
xNekoMusumex
Chunin
xNekoMusumex

PostSubject: Re: Decline in action editing...   Decline in action editing... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 1:13 am

I very well see your point =) And imo..i see people consider "action" videos when they are hitting every single beat possible with a different clip...NOT TRUE. You can effectively take a scene, and if edited right, make the movements match the beat. I believe not every beat needs to be hit though.
Back to top Go down
LoneSaiyan115
LoneSaiyan115

PostSubject: Re: Decline in action editing...   Decline in action editing... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 2:25 am

yup yup agreed there... although I do tend to hit most of the beats if their prominent.. but if it doesn't work, then I wont use it. Like my last vid i hit most beats but most of the time its with the B&C effect. Thats how I role haha
Back to top Go down
Otakugray
Space Cowboy
Otakugray

PostSubject: Re: Decline in action editing...   Decline in action editing... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 8:00 pm

Action amvs = action. in an amv. Duh.

Bleach amvs = whore the same god damn episodes 1000 times and everyone loves you. end of story.

bleach amvs done right = BE ORIGINAL. USE DIFFERENT SCENES FOR ONCE.

KTHXBAI.
Back to top Go down
LoneSaiyan115
LoneSaiyan115

PostSubject: Re: Decline in action editing...   Decline in action editing... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 9:41 pm

haha very insightful otaku... but i see this with dbz and naruto as well... thats just one exaple
Back to top Go down
thekungfukid
Death Sythe
thekungfukid

PostSubject: Re: Decline in action editing...   Decline in action editing... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 9:45 pm

This doesn't have to do with........well, anything really, but why are bleach, naruto, and dbz whored so much in action videos? I see NO rurouni kenshin or yu yu hakusho videos. Its not like they aren't popular.
Back to top Go down
LoneSaiyan115
LoneSaiyan115

PostSubject: Re: Decline in action editing...   Decline in action editing... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 9:48 pm

thekungfukid wrote:
This doesn't have to do with........well, anything really, but why are bleach, naruto, and dbz whored so much in action videos? I see NO rurouni kenshin or yu yu hakusho videos. Its not like they aren't popular.

thats the thing.. those shows are a good deal older then the others... DBZ is being re-aired with Kai and thus regaining interest, and of course Bleach Naruto and one piece are still going strong so they will be used alot
Back to top Go down
thekungfukid
Death Sythe
thekungfukid

PostSubject: Re: Decline in action editing...   Decline in action editing... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 9:57 pm

Yeah thats what i thought but there were a good couple of years between dbz's original airing and the remastered versions and kai but amvs were still being made. the newer shows i can undrstand
Back to top Go down
LoneSaiyan115
LoneSaiyan115

PostSubject: Re: Decline in action editing...   Decline in action editing... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 11:24 pm

Plus its like the staple action anime... its hard to find a show nowadays thats NOT influenced by DBZ haha
Back to top Go down
Otakugray
Space Cowboy
Otakugray

PostSubject: Re: Decline in action editing...   Decline in action editing... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 11:26 pm

Its simple. People have shitty scene selection.

Scene of blood everywhere.

Scene of slashing someone's face.

Scene of Byakuya sipping his tea.

Which one would you choose for an action amv?

The tea ofc.

Edit/

And then ofc you have people see that one scene of tea.

OMG TEA. SO INGENIUS. LETS ALL USE IT.

And so begins a series of whored out amvs with pendulum and that one scene of tea sipping....

Which results in the most NOOBY of videos like

HD AMV BLEACH ICHIGO VS BYAKUKA [THANKS FOR 100000000 VIEWS]

...which features about 10 episodes of the same battle scene/tea sipping that is in every freaking bleach amv....ever.
Back to top Go down
LoneSaiyan115
LoneSaiyan115

PostSubject: Re: Decline in action editing...   Decline in action editing... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 11:34 pm

otakugray wrote:
Its simple. People have shitty scene selection.

Scene of blood everywhere.

Scene of slashing someone's face.

Scene of Byakuya sipping his tea.

Which one would you choose for an action amv?

The tea ofc.

Edit/

And then ofc you have people see that one scene of tea.

OMG TEA. SO INGENIUS. LETS ALL USE IT.

And so begins a series of whored out amvs with pendulum and that one scene of tea sipping....

Which results in the most NOOBY of videos like

HD AMV BLEACH ICHIGO VS BYAKUKA [THANKS FOR 100000000 VIEWS]

...which features about 10 episodes of the same battle scene/tea sipping that is in every freaking bleach amv....ever.

I see you have very strong opinions of Bleach.... and tea sipping haha
Back to top Go down
xNekoMusumex
Chunin
xNekoMusumex

PostSubject: Re: Decline in action editing...   Decline in action editing... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 11:41 pm

Here's the thing...
In rurouni kenshin do you see level up of powers being like...a swordmaster ninja 4 or crazy crap like that? Nope D= its sword techniques only

Bleach, Naruto, and DBZ all have some sort of cool powers to characters and they get cool new powers somehow and level up...people like that stuff...until you're seeing Super Saiyan 7...then you're gonna kill someone *aka DB GT*

I'm very interested to see how naruto looks when he masters the kyuubi's chakara to the fullest..heard he looks similar to the Sage... =D
Back to top Go down
Otakugray
Space Cowboy
Otakugray

PostSubject: Re: Decline in action editing...   Decline in action editing... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 11:44 pm

Quote :

nah its not just bleach.

That goes for pretty much every action amv out there right now....although i must say...naruto has gotten somewhat better since i last saw amvs with it.

A lot of emotional amvs coming out with it though...so i guess it doesnt count for this thread.

But like ...dbz uses same effects a LOT. Bleach has some pretty shitty scene selection.

I watch out for original stuff though and occasionally you get pretty interesting stuff.

Its rare though, and its usually inspired by people like you, lone, or dtbking, etc...
Back to top Go down
MyBrothersACretin
Ryoka
MyBrothersACretin

PostSubject: Re: Decline in action editing...   Decline in action editing... I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 12:32 am

ive actually tried editing yu yu hakusho, i have the entire series on my external hdd, but its incredibly tough to edit, theres not really any impact in it. idk its just different, in most animes the "camera" moves around a lot during action scenes, not in yyh, its stationary most of the time, so its tougher to make it look good
Back to top Go down
LoneSaiyan115
LoneSaiyan115

PostSubject: Re: Decline in action editing...   Decline in action editing... I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 12:54 am

otakugray wrote:
Quote :

nah its not just bleach.

That goes for pretty much every action amv out there right now....although i must say...naruto has gotten somewhat better since i last saw amvs with it.

A lot of emotional amvs coming out with it though...so i guess it doesnt count for this thread.

But like ...dbz uses same effects a LOT. Bleach has some pretty shitty scene selection.

I watch out for original stuff though and occasionally you get pretty interesting stuff.

Its rare though, and its usually inspired by people like you, lone, or dtbking, etc...

Woot Woot represent lol! haha

Yeah I mean even in most of my action amvs I like to keep a consistent mini story or something. I mean take my last 2 mep parts for example.

They were focused on Majin Vegeta.. because the songs had A LOT to do with him. Thats the thing I'd like to see more... an action vid with a little bit of plot behind it.. or a focus to a certain character or fight. My last action vid besides the Broly vid was focused on Naruto's internal struggle with the Kyubi... that was the premise behind it at least.

The thing is (for me at least) I would love to edit with more sources besides like the big popular animes I always use.... only problem is my hard drive is screaming for air right now haha. It is FULL
Back to top Go down
Otakugray
Space Cowboy
Otakugray

PostSubject: Re: Decline in action editing...   Decline in action editing... I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 1:29 am

haha i know how THAT goes. I had a HDD with 7000+ songs and 600gb of music once ;D
Back to top Go down
thekungfukid
Death Sythe
thekungfukid

PostSubject: Re: Decline in action editing...   Decline in action editing... I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 2:11 am

Yeah there's so much potential for badass amvs in RK. there's no crazy explosions but the fights flow so smoothly. The only reason i never used is because i couldn't get any quality episodes.
Back to top Go down
Otakugray
Space Cowboy
Otakugray

PostSubject: Re: Decline in action editing...   Decline in action editing... I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 1:06 pm

I think i edited with RK like....once. It was not easy mostly because of low quality, i was using wmm at the time, and there wasnt enough episodes. :/ I think people edit with bleach/naruto/dbz because its easy as F*** to find HQ downloads for them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Decline in action editing...   Decline in action editing... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Decline in action editing...
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next