Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Way of the Pride! Now with forum fighting action 8D

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

HD editing problems

Go down 
+3
nevergotim
GaryOak
MyBrothersACretin
7 posters
AuthorMessage
MyBrothersACretin
Ryoka
MyBrothersACretin

HD editing problems Empty
PostSubject: HD editing problems   HD editing problems I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 3:57 pm

okay, a bunch of my one piece raws are HD and for some reason some of them don't play right in vegas, the colors are all weird and they get all grainy. But it only happens on some of them, some are perfect, and they are all encoded in the exact same way and stuff. any ideas on how to fix it?
Back to top Go down
GaryOak
Death Sythe
GaryOak

PostSubject: Re: HD editing problems   HD editing problems I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 6:33 pm

This happens to me too, I'm curious myself as to why this happens...
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/imveryhungry
nevergotim
5th Seat Soul Reaper
nevergotim

PostSubject: Re: HD editing problems   HD editing problems I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 8:24 pm

FFF dude could you tell m were you got them from because im in desperate need of some raw one piece eps :I

and sorry but i cant help you out there i suck at encoding :<
Back to top Go down
MyBrothersACretin
Ryoka
MyBrothersACretin

PostSubject: Re: HD editing problems   HD editing problems I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 29, 2010 9:45 pm

um, it was a torrent, im not sure of the link, actually, i have the torrent file still if you want it, its eps 1-300 raw
Back to top Go down
mycathatesyou
Academy Student
mycathatesyou

PostSubject: Re: HD editing problems   HD editing problems I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 1:48 am

Same thing happened to me with some naruto episodes I downloaded. Some were fine, the others got all trippy looking and distorted. I eventually just settled with the ones that work. I suggest just finding a different source.
Back to top Go down
MyBrothersACretin
Ryoka
MyBrothersACretin

PostSubject: Re: HD editing problems   HD editing problems I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 2:09 am

i really don't want to find a different source, mainly because I can't find another source, does anybody know how I can re-encode or convert them so that they will work?
Back to top Go down
Otakugray
Space Cowboy
Otakugray

PostSubject: Re: HD editing problems   HD editing problems I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 10:26 am

Sounds like a bad codec. What file type are they?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/otakugray
MyBrothersACretin
Ryoka
MyBrothersACretin

PostSubject: Re: HD editing problems   HD editing problems I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 4:02 pm

im not sure, ill check when i get home, all i know is they are avi. but if it was a bad codec would only some of them play right? thats whats confusing me. They are all the exact same file type but some play fine.
Back to top Go down
LoneSaiyan115
The Legendary Super Saiyan
LoneSaiyan115

PostSubject: Re: HD editing problems   HD editing problems I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 4:13 pm

MyBrothersACretin wrote:
im not sure, ill check when i get home, all i know is they are avi. but if it was a bad codec would only some of them play right? thats whats confusing me. They are all the exact same file type but some play fine.

Their are a lot of different codecs that work with particular AVI files, good little program to get is gspot.. it tells you what codec the file is running on and if you have it

http://www.headbands.com/gspot/
Back to top Go down
MyBrothersACretin
Ryoka
MyBrothersACretin

PostSubject: Re: HD editing problems   HD editing problems I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 10:06 pm

it says that they are all the "wmv3" codec, and the name is "WMP v9 (VC-1 Simple/Main)"
Back to top Go down
LoneSaiyan115
The Legendary Super Saiyan
LoneSaiyan115

PostSubject: Re: HD editing problems   HD editing problems I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 10:17 pm

does it say you have it tho? if not then thats the codec you need haha
Back to top Go down
MyBrothersACretin
Ryoka
MyBrothersACretin

PostSubject: Re: HD editing problems   HD editing problems I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 11:15 pm

haha, ya it says i have it, and i can play them on VLC media player and wmp, but in vegas some of the eps are distorted. and only in vegas, they are fine on everything else
Back to top Go down
narutoguy03
Space Cowboy
narutoguy03

PostSubject: Re: HD editing problems   HD editing problems I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 2:02 am

MyBrothersACretin wrote:
haha, ya it says i have it, and i can play them on VLC media player and wmp, but in vegas some of the eps are distorted. and only in vegas, they are fine on everything else

Open it up in VDub or VDub Mod, and just re-encode the scenes you want that way with a lossless codec. If it's a .avi file, then you shouldn't have to make a separate .avs file to open it. So just drag and drop the file, choose the scene with the scene makers, select the codec and re-save it. I also suggest to take out the audio if you're not gonna be using that so you don't end up having a bigger file than you actually need.
Back to top Go down
MyBrothersACretin
Ryoka
MyBrothersACretin

PostSubject: Re: HD editing problems   HD editing problems I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 3:21 am

cool, thx, ill probably do that
Back to top Go down
narutoguy03
Space Cowboy
narutoguy03

PostSubject: Re: HD editing problems   HD editing problems I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 2:44 pm

MyBrothersACretin wrote:
cool, thx, ill probably do that

Oh, I forgot to mention, the files sizes are gonna be huge! And since you're editing HD clips, they're gonna be even bigger. If I can remember right, if you encode a 10-second, 640x480 video to a lossless codec like lagarith, it will probably hit 150 mb. But since I haven't edited in like forever, I could be wrong, off by a few mb's or something. But I'm sure HDD space isn't gonna be a problem for you lol
Back to top Go down
MyBrothersACretin
Ryoka
MyBrothersACretin

PostSubject: Re: HD editing problems   HD editing problems I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 01, 2010 3:26 pm

HOLY SHIT THATS HUGE! but ya I don't think it will be a problem lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HD editing problems   HD editing problems I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HD editing problems
Page 1 of 1